Thursday, May 19, 2011

Testimony Time!

Hello, I'm Priscella Trujillo and I got saved July 25, 2010. Since that day God has really changed me. He showed me I had a better life waiting for me! I grew up in a church, but as I got older I stopped going, my relationship with God faded away. Before I got saved, I was doing a lot of wrong things and I really didn't care about myself or my family. I grew up around a lot of alcohol. That alone hurt me so much. I never understood why drinking and going out was so importantand I wasn't. For most of my life I didn't really care because I was able to be with friends, doing what I wanted, or finally getting a break from all the fighting my mom and I did. Growing up my mom was never there for me, we would fight everyday and it got worse as I got olderit got to the point where I would go hurt myself just to take the pain away, and at times I thought that was all I had. I wouldn't eat for days and I was just so depressed for so many years, even worse—LOST. I hated myself with a true passion since I was about nine years old because I never felt good enough for my parents to love me and pay attention to me. I really would only go to God when I couldn't hurt myself, but now I see and know, God was THERE standing with me throughout all my hurt, feeling MY pain. He never left me, even when I though I was too far away from Him to hear me!

During my summer I had visited my sister and she took me to her church. The first two times I went God was really gripping my heart, but I was too scared to go to the altar. My last Sunday there, their Pastor kept saying, "God is telling me there is one person here who needs to come up." I KNEW it was me and I remember my heart pounding. I kept saying, "you're not going up there!" but God's grip that day was too strong for me to just sit there! I found myself walking up that aisle. I admitted my sins and the feeling I had after giving my life to God is indescribable! All of my pain, anger, sadness, stress, and heaviness lifted off of me. I only felt relief and love. Since that day I haven't walked away from Him and He will never walk away from me! No day is perfect, but now I'm always looking for ways to show my family they can come back to God and there's more to life than what they're giving themselves. I let God take lead in my life and because of that He has blessed me with a church family and a year ago he put my best friend Brandon in my life. No matter what I have to go through my faith in God will never go away. I'm so much better because of HIS LOVE and I've NEVER been so happy. I'm going to follow God wherever he leads. I just pray that what He's doing for me, my parents will allow Him to do it for them.

No comments: