Thursday, February 3, 2011

Testimony Time

Hi, I'm Abigail. I was basically raised in the church since I was four or five. And although I loved God I can't say I really knew God. I mean I loved God the way you love a puppy, your favorite food, or swimming. I didn't really have a relationship with Him though. So when I was in Pueblo I really didn't see the need to have Godly friends or make good decisions and since I seemed like a "good kid" in the church, besides my parents, no one really held me responsible. My best friends where people that weren't saved and just lived their life as they pleased. So I experiment a little but mostly music. No matter what I did my friends thought of me as a the good one so all though they would tell dirty jokes or curse around me, they were really careful about other things like drugs and stuff. It was bad at first, I mean in my eyes it wasn't, but around that time the pueblo church broke away from the big church. So many things happened I just back away. I basically told God I don't want this anymore. I gave up and tried to live my life the way I wanted but I didn't know what I wanted. So I was left struggling with depression, suicide, and guilt. I felt as though I couldn't come back to God. The devil constantly lied to me and I felt like garbage. I Finally got sick of it though and turned to my parents for help. God did a great work in me and He still is. I still have bad days and days that the depression tries to oppress me but I can look to God and He is my savior. He comes not when I feel I can't take anymore but when He knows that through my trail I am closer to the person He wants me to be.

No comments: