Thursday, June 17, 2010

Youth Spotlight: Melissa A.

My name is Melissa; I'm 16 years old and a little more than a year ago I struggled with suicide. It got so bad that in the year of 2008 I attempted suicide three times. Almost all my life I felt so outcasted and alone that I thought no one would miss me. Back in 6th grade I started getting into drugs, but it didn't stop the thoughts; it just made things worse. Then I tried friends - I became popular, but I ended up feeling more alone. I eventually told my family how I felt, but it seemed as though they didn't care. This made me angry so I started to rebel even more. I started ditching school with friends. The school counselor said they were going to kick me out if I didn't start coming to school. I tried for a while, but I thought, "What's the point? I'm useless anyways; the only thing I'm good at is making things worse than they already are."

Then my sister got sick and God revealed Himself to me, but I refused to believe. I would argue that there is no God. One of the pastors kept witnessing to me. I told him I believed in science, but he never gave up on me. He told me God loved me. I couldn't understand how God could love me if I hated Him. Two weeks had passed by as I dwelled on the thought that God loved me. I could feel God tug on my heart.

On December 21, 2008, I got saved. I became overwhelmed by the love Jesus has for me and now I praise the God that - not too long ago - I didn't believe in. Jesus helped me; He saved me from myself and now I am Heaven bound. I have no idea where I would be if I didn't get saved - Probably hell.

Jesus calls me His masterpiece; now I don't have to go through life feeling like junk, and you don't have to either. If you're not saved, you can be. Jesus took all my burdens and He can do the same for you!

No comments: